OMG!!! Is all I have to say about these amazing treats. I could almost call these Biscochito Crack because we could not stop eating these sweet goodies. You will not be disappointed with this recipe.
Here is what you will need:
2-3 Dozen Traditional Biscochitos
1 Cup Butter
1 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
1 Tsp Vanilla
2 Cups Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
1 Cup Chopped Nuts
Sea Salt to Sprinkle
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spread Foil or Wax Paper up to rim of a cookie sheet. (A half sheet/jelly roll pan works well.)
- Place biscochitos flat on the cookie sheet in a single layer break some of the biscochitos to fill in any of the gaps.
- In a saucepan, combine butter, brown sugar, and vanilla over medium heat stirring occasionally.
- Bring to a full rolling boil. This rolling boil should not go away even when you stir. Turn heat down to medium/medium low. You should still have a boil but not so high that you ingredients caramelizes too quickly. Set a timer for 3 minutes and stop stirring. After the 3 minutes immediately pour mixture over the biscochitos. Try to pour mixture over all of the cookies, you may need to spread mixture over the cookies to cover them all.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 7 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle chocolate chips over biscochitos and mixture. Return to the oven for another 2 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and spread the chocolate chips with an offset spatula. The chocolate should be melted.
- Sprinkle Sea Salt and Nuts over the chocolate.
- Refrigerate to cool and harden mixture a bit more.
- Once cooled break into pieces and serve. No need to keep refridgerated.